Relax and Renew: Restful Yoga for Stressful Times
Experience the rest of your life with restorative yoga, supported poses, and breathing practices that will help you heal the effects of chronic stress.
In Relax and Renew, the first book exclusively devoted to this work, you'll find:
• In-depth guidance in Basic Relaxation Pose (Savasana), the heart of the restorative practice, as well as the Centering Breath
• A general restorative sequence that explores backbends, an inverted posture, a twist, cooling forward bends, and a variation of Basic Relaxation Pose (Savasana)
• Sequences for busy days, including a fifteen-minute practice, yoga at your desk, and the Totally Invisible Relaxation
• Programs for back pain, headaches, insomnia, jet lag, and breathing problems
• A special section for women during menstruation, pregnancy, and menopause
• A guide to props: what they are, where they go, how to fold and roll blankets, and around-the-house alternatives
"I will let my body flow like water over the gentle cushions."
About the Author
Judith Hanson Lasater, Ph.D., Physical Therapist, has been teaching yoga since 1971. She trains students and teachers throughout the United States as well as abroad, is one of the founders of Yoga Journal magazine and is president of the California Yoga Teachers Association. She has written eight books.
Format: Paperback | 237 Pages
Dimensions: 220 mm X 280 mm X 10 mm
Publication date: 2011
Author: Judith Hanson Lasater, Ph.D
Publication City/ Country: Colorado, United States